- Founded and manages the informal community poetry organization, Pikeville Poetry, which seeks to encourage increased participation in creative writing and thoughtful dialogue among peers and community members, as well as individual introspection and to increase knowledge about notable writers and activists.
- Founding member and organizer of Progress Pike an Eastern Kentucky community group dedicated to promoting equity and inclusion through community events, discussions, and actions.
- Featured poet in the Women of Appalachia Project, a juried presentation of spoken word and fine art.
- Recipient of an Artist Enrichment grant from The Kentucky Foundation for Women.
- Member of the 2018-2019 cohort of the Kentucky Rural-Urban Exchange
- Member of Kentuckians For The Commonwealth