- Founded and currently manages the informal community poetry organization, Pikeville Poetry, which seeks to encourage increased participation in creative writing, thoughtful dialogue among peers and community members, individual introspection, and to increase knowledge about notable writers and activists.
- Co-Founder and community organizer of a grassroots community organization (Progress Pike) dedicated to promoting progressive causes through community events, discussions, and actions.
- Featured poet in the Women of Appalachia Project, a juried presentation of spoken word and fine art.
- Recipient of an Artist Enrichment grant from The Kentucky Foundation for Women.
- Member of the 2018 cohort of the Kentucky Rural-Urban Exchange